Friday, June 22, 2012

The mouse LIIIIIIVES!!

Yay! We finally got to character modeling! :) Seeing as we were heavily advised to keep our characters as managable as possible, I decided to go back to my old mouse designs from years ago. They're fairly simple, so I figured they'd work well. Seeing as they were the first characters I fully animated (in 2D), I figured they'd help me out in the same way in 3D. I just made a generic design that'll act as a blueprint for all the other mice (or 'Sarfo Rats' as one of my friends calls them) that I'll model later. A 'universal mouse', so to speak. We had two weeks to complete this project and there was a LOT that I learned.

These aren't textured, I just lit them all fancy-like...





I gained a whole new understanding of polygon-flow doing this...





By the way, the design for these mice is very much influenced by Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes. Not to mention Charles Schulz's Peanuts characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment