Thursday, June 21, 2012

3D Hover Craft (I think?)

So, my first semester of the Masters 3D animation course at Wits is over, and I figure I may as well post everything I've done in these past 5 or so months. The course has been EXTREMELY intense, which is why I haven't had any time for regular updates, so I'm just piling everything in one go.

Anyway, here's how I went about our first proper project: modeling. Although I wasn't exactly new to 3D modeling, this was still a real challenge, because it was one of the first pieces I did without the aid of a tutorial. Also, learning how to model in a new 3D package (Softimage XSI) posed it's own challenges. Anyway, as the first piece I finished without a tutorial, I'm pretty happy with it :)

We didn't have to texture it, but I wanted to make it feel a little more 'finished'.




These are some untextured versions of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment