Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Der Eichhyrnchen Führer!

For those not in the know, the title of this post means 'the squirrel leader' in German (inspired by Tarantino's awesome film 'Inglourious Barsterds') :) This is how I chose to design one of the main characters from our storyboarding class. Once we finished designing the characters, we then moved on to making macquettes of them, which was AWESOME! :) I'll admit, I was nervous at first, because I've never really trusted myself as a sculptor, but I gained a lot of confidence from doing this.

We used a special kinda putty called Super Sculpey to make them. Its a shame I ran outta the stuff; because it meant I couldn't quite finish up the tail as well as I'd have liked to. Anyway, I'm still really happy with how it turned out :).






These are the designs I eventually came up with. I decided to make the characters look a lot more rugged than the brief suggested. We had to choose one to sculpt, so I just went with the one that appealed to me the most. The rabbit's designed changed in the final storyboards, because this one was, um, problematic...








No comments:

Post a Comment